Our Strength - Our Team
Having identified a gap in the market for specialised insurance builders within the SEQ area, Barry Nelmes launched Australian Insurance Repairs (AIR) in 2003 to fill this gap, using his industry knowledge and years of experience to rapidly build a reputation for quality and effective service. AIR grew quickly, expanding to fill the disaster recovery and assessment requirements of their top level insurance company clients. With a solid reputation for reliable and reasonable repairs with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, the team also demonstrates consistent ability to quickly locate to disaster locations. Operations are up-scaled as required to provide swift and positive resolution for customers and clients, ensuring continued success and growth in these areas.
Our specialist management team provide effective support and supervision across the business to identify strengths and development areas for continual service improvement. Boasting a huge range of experience across the building and insurance sectors, our management team ensure customer satisfaction, quality and compliance across all works through joint working and internal process development. Commitment to customer service, expectation management and clear, reliable communication underpins our everyday working methods. Our service delivery model encompasses continuing professional development for all staff members, and ongoing liaison with customers and clients to ensure consistency and relevance of service delivery.
In order to assure our wide range of work areas, we have developed a professional trade-qualified Supervising Team with diverse experience and skill sets. This allows us to quickly obtain feedback on works, and to access our own bank of specialist experience to provide swift advice and resolution for unusual or sensitive situations. Our skilled Supervisors are experienced in providing professional building and repair reports, including causation, specialist areas and historical/ongoing maintenance recommendations. Our supervisors work with our customers and clients to achieve positive outcomes by focusing on quality, practicality and communication.
Building Repair Co-ordinators
Our enthusiastic, professional and experienced Building Repair Co-ordinators (BRCs) are integral to our continued success. Overseeing the works from authorisation, through scheduling to completion and customer satisfaction, our BRCs ensure that there is one point of reliable and clear communication for each job. This ensures that customers, clients and trades are updated with relevant information in “real time”. This has been an internal process improvement which we identified to prevent delays and frustrations caused by waiting for information. The feedback we have received on this improvement has been overwhelmingly positive!
Our point of difference is that we directly employ our core trades. This allows us to build relationships with high caliber, reliable trades who understand the requirements and standards that we work to. In turn, these core trades then work alongside new and subcontracted staff members to mentor them and support them to follow our internal processes and guidelines. This allows us to maintain and informal 360-degree approach to practical “on the job” staff supervision and development alongside our formal Performance Review processes.
AIR currently has permanent offices in QLD which service from Far North Qld in Bowen, all the way down to Northern NSW in Ballina. Using our proven expansion model when required ensures that customer and client expectations are managed and exceeded through the provision of high quality, reliable service nationally.
Barry Nelmes launched Australian Insurance Repairs (AIR) in 2003 to fill this gap, using his industry knowledge and years of experience to rapidly build a reputation for quality and effective service. AIR grew quickly, expanding to fill the disaster recovery and assessment requirements of their top level insurance company clients. With a solid reputation for reliable and reasonable repairs with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, the team also demonstrates consistent ability to quickly locate to disaster locations. Operations are up-scaled as required to provide swift and positive resolutions for customers and clients, ensuring continued success and growth in these areas.
Our expert knowledge and skill in the field of insurance building informs our continuing review and improvement of service provision to a range of large insurance companies and loss adjusters. We pride ourselves in our quality workmanship, rapid response and effective reporting. These areas ensure a positive outcome for all stakeholders, promoting customer satisfaction, budgetary control and effective job management and supervision.
At AIR we take our commitment to quality service provision very seriously because we recognise that quality assurance is an important marker of value to both our customers and our clients. With that in mind, we are accredited in ISO4801 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and ISO9001 Quality Management Systems. These frameworks provide our organisation with best practice guidelines to adhere to and exceed, ensuring our continued excellent performance.
- Continued training and development of our valued staff
- Provide a safe working environment – certified in ISO 9001 and AS4801
- Continuous Quality Improvement and Compliance
Australian Insurance Repairs understands the importance of meeting and exceeding performance standards for both clients and customers. We are committed to delivering a measurable improvement to the entire management and reporting process associated with all claims.
While we endeavor to adhere to your individual KPI structure our internal KPI ‘s are listed below:
- To accept/decline the claim within 60 Minutes after offer from the insurance company.
- To contact the insured within 60 minutes from acceptance to book an appointment. If the insured cannot be contacted, we will enter a communication note into all systems attributed to each claim.
- We will accept/decline the Offer to quote within 60 minutes of receiving the email notification.
- 48hrs to submit a Quote ‘after notification’ to quote email.
- 48hrs to submit the Scope, causation report and documents/photographs ‘after Inspection’ and site attendance.
- ALL photographs to be entered and individually labelled.
- 1 working day to re-submit a scope of works returned for further information/amendment with the requested information/amendment supplied.
- Contact the insured within 60 minutes after receiving a new JOB WON. If the insured cannot be contacted a communication note will be entered into the corresponding claims management systems.
- ANY variation to the initial approved scope of works MUST be approved prior to commencement of such works.
- Start and Completion dates to be entered on all corresponding systems.
- Ongoing Contact – The insured MUST be contacted and a communication note added to all systems every 8 business days.
- On completion of repairs a completion certificate, signed by the owner of the property or an authority to the claim will be uploaded to the claim management systems within 48hours. On condition the owner’s availability.
*All timeframes are subject to the owners’/tenants’ availabilities. Weekends and public holidays are not counted as business days.